CruinnCal provide a unique decontamination service using Hydrogen Peroxide Vapour Technology to bio-decontaminate laboratory equipment including:
- Biological safety cabinets
- Other HEPA filtration enclosures
- CO² incubators
- Other laboratory equipment
The Bio-Decontamination Service uses the BIOQUELL Clarus™S hydrogen peroxide gas generator, which is compact and mobile and can easily be moved around between units.
All equipment decontamination service personnel are fully trained in the gassing procedure and its associated safety requirements.
CruinnCal service engineers carry out the decontamination service after which, testing or repair of the unit is possible without risk to the service personnel.
Advantages of H²O² Bio-Decontamination:
- The equipment operates at a negative pressure ensuring the vapour cannot leak into the laboratory.
- The process is environmentally friendly and as the hydrogen peroxide is converted to oxygen and water vapour, there are no residue's left at the end of the bio-decontamination cycle.
- There is no need to close the laboratory during bio-decontamination. The decontamination service can take place whilst work in the laboratory continues.
- This method of decontamination is also significantly faster than formaldehyde decontamination and has excellent efficacy against a range of vegetative and spore forming bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- Essentially the decontamination process has excellent material compatibility and therefore sensitive, high-tech and expensive equipment will not be damaged by the hydrogen peroxide vapour.